25.7.12

15 Things I Learned As A Writer

  1. What looks easy isn't really easy.
  2. Find your muse and befriend him/her/it.
  3. Imagination is the key to success.  
  4. The name of a character can leave indelible impressions on the readers. 
  5. Longer doesn't mean better.
  6. More English (both in narratives or dialogues) is not equal to better story.
  7. Simple sentences = easy reading.
  8. Redundancy and inconsistency are two things that I should not allow.
  9. Verbs, adjectives and adverbs are my most powerful tools.
  10. Webster should be my best friend.
  11. Sometimes, the difference between a noun and a verb is a space e.g. workout (noun) and work out (verb).
  12. Longer, detailed love scene does not mean sexier.  
  13. My laptop is my most treasured, yet most abused possession.
  14. When in doubt, Google!
  15. If still in doubt, press DEL.

No comments:

Post a Comment